Friday, January 02, 2009

'And in the end, the love you get is equal to the love you give

As Dean "Double Props" McLeod points out the irony, "Guarding rubble . . .watching the demolished street during the evictions of 1969".







Well, all good things come to an end. In 1967 theFederal Governemt decided to shut down the area, residences,businesses and all. This didn't come without a fight. San Franscico49er football player came out with shotgun in hand to ward off the demolition crew. Dan Colchino defended his home: Ignoring the sign on his gate reading :"No Trespassing. Unauthorized Violaters Will Be Shot," U.S. DeputyMarshal Richard St, Germain and another deputy were greeted by SanFransico football 49er Dan Colchino and his Winchester rifle.







The Ben Tre logic appears. Trust not when a government states thatit's "for the people". Just look at Kelo v City of New Haven (2005).Usage of Eminent Domain is questionable. Apparently, we have todestroy ourselves in order to save ourselves. The only thing left isto hum a few bars of Social Distortion's "Ball and Chain":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0



Well it's been ten years,
and a thousand tears

And look at the mess I'm in-

A broken nose and a broken heart,
An empty bottle of gin
Well I sit and I pray

In my broken down Chevrolet-

While I'm singin' to myself

There's got to be another way





If ever you think a community is "alive", that there is "spirit" in ablock party, step back. Someone's out to get you and break it alldown. All creations are free, some are just more free than others.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Friday, January 2, 2009 at 10:11:00 PM PST, Blogger shasta daisy said...

San Francisco 49er...wow.
Can't get away from football!

 
At Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 3:49:00 PM PST, Blogger ACC said...

Amazing history you have here AIP. I did not know you had this blog going on. I will bookmark it. I love learning about local history.
xoxoxoxox

 
At Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 5:18:00 PM PDT, Blogger Keyboard Kommando said...

I didn't know Dan Colchino personally but I played fast pictch softball against him many times.
Is he still with us?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home